Summer Athletic Information
KHSAA Dead Period -June 25 - July 9
There will be no contact between coaches and players during this time.
July 10 - Parent meeting, 6PM, LMS cafeteria
July 17 - Football practice begins and will continue Monday through Friday, from 6PM-8PM, until school starts.
Contact Coach Tyrone Johnson at email@example.com for more information.
July 25 - Parent meeting via zoom, 6PM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for zoom link.
July 31 - 4PM-5:30PM, Cross Country practice begins and will continue Monday through Thursday from 4:00-5:30PM.
Contact Coach Kita Carver at email@example.com for more information.
July 10-14, conditioning
July 17 & 18 - Tryouts, 6th/7th/8th grades, 6PM-8PM
Contact Coach Eddie Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A sports physical is required for all participants.
Athletic Director - Jill Karsner, email@example.com
SPORTS PHYSICALS…PLEASE READ!
Families – Athletic policy requires each student to bring a new copy of his/her sports physical before the student is able to try out for that sport. Sports that require a sports physical prior to trying out are: boys basketball, girls basketball, cheerleading, football, track, cross-country, and volleyball. Sports physicals are no longer stored in the office, as it has become unmanageable with differing expiration dates and 200+ athletes.
- What happens to my child’s sports physical if he/she doesn’t make the team? The physical will be shredded in the office.
- What happens to my child’s sports physical if he/she does make the team? The coach will make three copies of your child’s sports physical. One will be given to our Athletic Trainer in the event it is needed. A second copy will be returned to the player. The other copy stays with the coach at all games/practices in the event it is needed.
- What happens to the copies of my child’s sports physical at the end of a season? The physical will be shredded in the office.
Get a FREE SPORTS PHYSICAL
Healthfirst Bluegrass has Healthy Kids Clinics located within eight elementary schools in Fayette County and offers free sports physicals! The clinics are open to ALL FCPS students and are housed in the following elementary schools:
- Arlington (859-381-3750)
- Booker T. Washington (859-381-4993)
- Breckinridge (859-381-4843)
- Cardinal Valley (859-381-3346)
- Harrison (859-381-4022)
- Mary Todd (859-381-3012)
- Tates Creek (859-381-3774)
- William Wells Brown (859-381-3172)
Call the clinic to schedule an appointment for a FREE sports physical!
Thanks for your understanding and help with this!